Living Healing Touch...a new thought idea - Healing Touch is to support wellness - mind,body & soul.
RSS

Recent Posts

Phytochemical Activation of Nrf2 Protects Endothelial Cells against an Oxidative Challenge
AVOID A GOUT FLARE UP
Poof! 20 Million Cancer Cells -- GONE
You’re Still Told Fluoridation Prevents Tooth Decay, but Science Proves Otherwise
TURMERIC AN ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE HERB

Categories

anti-aging, skin benefits, firm skin, youthful face, wrinkles, nu skin,
Anti-inflammatory, epicondylitis, nu skin scanner, sore muscles, naturopathic products, children
Biophotonic Scanner, Mercury, toxic liver, body chelation, Detoxing, detox products, nu skin
cancer, anti-aging,antioxidants, mouse, vitality, lifepak nana, G3
cucumin, turmeric, bacapa extract, ashwagandha,green tea extract,phospholipid signaling,silymarin,
diabetes, coronay artery disease(CAP), cell protection, increase RDS production, phytochemicals,
disease, enzymes, foods, nutrients, diet, fatty acids, amino acids, healthy, healthy body, liver
Glutathione Deficiency
Gout, uric acid, high purine, anti-inflamatory, cancer, anti-oxidants, pain
memory enhancement, immune system, memory muscle, nutrition, brain power, new scientific dkscovery
MOLD
oxidative stress, NRF2, NF-E2, protandim, chronic iseases, alzheimer's, antioxidant enzymes
tooth decay, fluoridation,flouride, dental care, dental hygine, bacteria, proper nutrition
powered by

My Blog

AVOID A GOUT FLARE UP

How to Avoid a Gout Flare Up
Reprinted from: Virginia Mason

Steer clear of corned beef and beer on St. Patrick’s Day to avoid a gout flare up.
Even though it was 15 years ago, I still remember the pain. I stepped out of my mom’s car and collapsed on the ground in agony. The pain was so intense I thought I had stepped on a scorpion and actually looked around for the poor creature. (This was in Hawaii, WI, where people often wear sandals and where those critters can roam the pavement.)

I wasn’t stung, yet my left big toe grew flaming red and hot, to the point where a slight breeze brushing against it could cause me agony. I made an appointment with my doctor, and he suspected I had gout, a form of arthritis that is caused by a buildup of uric acid in the body. It usually zeros in on a joint of the big toe. Gout is a disease that affects more than 3 million Americans each year.

Now I was a slim, pretty healthy young guy, so I thought this couldn’t be happening to me. I discovered that gout can sometimes affect healthy younger men or women, although it is rare in children. It can be prevented or treated by following a diet low in purine (which breaks down into uric acid) and an overall healthy lifestyle.

I spoke with VM rheumatologist Stanford Peng, MD, PhD, who provides some tips below to prevent gout and treat a flare up if you’ve been diagnosed.

Can I enjoy corned beef and beer this St. Patrick’s Day?
Dr. Peng: Stick to something else if you’re at risk for gout or have been diagnosed. Beef and beer are some of the foods that have the highest purine content and can be very bad for gout. Beef and other red meats are especially high in purine [a byproduct of protein], and beer contains more purines than spirits and wines.

What other foods can cause gout flare ups?
Dr. Peng: Avoid shellfish, as it contains very high purine content – there’s a reason gout is referred to as “the rich man’s disease.” Some veggies are moderately high in purine. This list includes some green vegetables, such as spinach and asparagus, beans, broccoli and artichokes. However, clinical research suggests they are not major factors in causing gout and that the benefits of eating vegetables outweigh the risks.

How do you treat gout?
Dr. Peng: Some medications are highly effective in lowering the amount of uric acid in your body, and your doctor can help determine if that is an appropriate option for you. Also, anti-inflammatory medications, like ibuprofen, can reduce pain. If you have concerns, you can also lower your uric acid levels by changing your diet. Research suggests adding dairy to your diet may reduce gout.

Any other advice for preventing gout?
Dr. Peng: In addition to diet changes, maintain a healthy body weight. If you need to lose weight, lose it gradually. There’s evidence that losing weight too quickly can actually cause a gout attack and increase the level of uric acid in your system in the short term. As an added benefit, you’re more likely to stay on a weight loss routine if you lose weight at a moderate pace. Research suggests that gout is a cardiovascular risk factor, so losing weight has many added benefits in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

=================================
Arm Yourself with Information So You Can Take Control of Your Health.....Maintaining your health daily is key. Join many others in using new genetic-based products that go beyond the cellular level to reduce aging, repair muscles and joints, reduce stress, anxiety and tension by eating a whole food regime.http://www.hutchteam.com/healingtouch/

28 Comments to AVOID A GOUT FLARE UP:

Comments RSS
Replica Breitling Bentley GMT Watches on Monday, April 15, 2013 12:31 AM
The looks, quality, sizes and color of Replica Breitling Bentley GMT Watches are as same as the original. In addition, these Watches are really comfy to wear in any time.

http://charmsau.webs.com on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 4:54 AM
There is skill, come to Duo.Oneself comes from cosmos sea, thomas sabo australia lack of is time.The true Yan king smiles an explanation", " ever since that time I get into mentally dense city, the endless years hasn't been taking him to come out and walk, we go in ……The hatch opens. ……More than 200 strongs of cosmos sea condescend to come one by one, they thomas sabo charms get into this'the world of Jin'then matchless happy, this is really one wonderful world.Luo Feng pours to take a suck at cool spirit. "Luo Feng nods, is then happy for eldest brother in the heart."All riskies go to the front to gather.", " So!", thomas sabo " Enjoy the toppest resources, have to continuously make great effort."However is also very strange this time. "5 people, such as Luo Feng, Hong and thunder absolute being.""The Bao inside Si'The cloth Lun is especially.These several days, still have'opportunity' Lu.They all know ……born a terrible affair, the person calls'cinereous vulture poison scorpion'of the only son of 2 husband and wife unexpectedly was killed!This husband and wife can aren't all general person.

click here on Saturday, May 18, 2013 2:57 AM

dui lawyer on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:53 AM

justsnapthis on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Hiya, I'm really glad I have found this info. Today bloggers publish only about gossips and net and this is actually frustrating. A good website with exciting content, this is what I need. Thanks for keeping this web-site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can't find it.

help with essay writing on Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:49 AM

sherman oaks accounting firm on Friday, June 28, 2013 2:34 AM

Cheap Erlonat Online on Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:28 AM
That's the very nice post you have shared with us. I really liked it. Please keep sharing more and more information.

your ssince rely on Sunday, December 08, 2013 10:50 PM
Borrowing clothes from boys is typical girl behavior–we’ve been doing it for ages! But when you borrow a boy’s clothes, you don’t want to take his weird basketball shorts or button-downs, right? Since all my guy friends might as well shop at the Baby Gap they’re so skinny, I’ve taken to venturing to the men’s clothing section of my favorite stores to stock up on my own boy clothes! Through my adventures, I’ve learned what to look for.

dom-mieszkanie.com.pl on Monday, January 19, 2015 6:36 AM
will carry out a particular function with regard to a good number of rug intended for frost days order can be quite purposeful Easy methods to accentuate an important hall

Edward Miah on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:43 AM
It was surely interesting for me to see of which post. Thanx for this. I like this kind of subject areas along with something that can be attached to this particular make any difference. I absolutely wish to understand far more on of which web site soon. fantastic employment.... Hats away from mann

Share Market Blog on Sunday, April 24, 2016 11:48 PM
This can be the most helpful weblogs we have actually run into about the subject. Fundamentally fantastic details! I am additionally a specialist in this topic so I can realize your own hard work.

davidjackson on Monday, September 03, 2018 12:46 AM
First time i visit this website ad i am very glad to get very interesting blogs here. All the blogs are very well. Avoid a gout flare up is very interesting and informative blog you share. Thanks for sharing this. keep sharing. interlocking floor mats

James Rogla on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 5:15 AM
Yes i know this disease. It very dangerous. Many people suffer in this problem in the backward areas. Its really very effect on body joints. rubber flooring UK

Lewis Banks on Friday, September 07, 2018 1:27 AM
You have written very informative article about St. Patrick’s Day. I am impressed to read the content which you have posted.Keep up your good job. gym mats for domestic use

Finley Atkinson on Friday, September 07, 2018 2:13 AM
Very well written article written on St. Patrick’s Day. I must say you have shared useful content which i like reading. tarpaulin covers in multiple colors

https://www.cracksmalta.com/ on Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:51 PM
Cracksmalta is a library of unlimited cracks for any of your softwares and games. Get them on PC and Mac all any time.

Jack on Saturday, November 03, 2018 6:21 AM
I am visit here in the all post of in the blog is very good. Some people visited to here in the blog review is very good. soccer referee uniforms

Horse mats on Monday, November 19, 2018 1:03 AM
Very attractive post here. How can treat gout? is very informative information for me i was looking the same post. Thanks for it.

faiz on Sunday, January 13, 2019 10:08 PM
"Mungkin kau punya prosa yang lebih baik," usulnya. link 5 distributor plat high tensile sm490ya distributor plat kapal distributor plat stainless ss304 distributor plat stainless ss310 distributor plat stainless ss316 distributor plat sumihard distributor round bar besi aisi 440s45c distributor round bar scm440 distributor steel rail distributor steel sheet pile jual astm a283 c undangan pernikahan kalender Jual besi hollow Jual besi hollow Toko besi siku Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Supplier Besi H beam Agen Wiremesh Besi baja Jual plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton master steel ms Supplier besi hollow Supplier besi hollow Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Toko besi hollow undangan pernikahan ada fotonya Supplier Besi Beton Toko Wiremesh Besi baja Supplier plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton ksty Toko besi hollow Toko besi hollow Toko Plat besi Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan aneh www.sentrabesibaja.com Jual Wiremesh Besi baja Toko plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton krakatau steel Agen besi hollow Agen besi hollow Toko besi h beam Toko besi wf baja undangan pernikahan amplop Pabrik Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Harga Wiremesh Besi baja Agen plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton jcac Pabrik besi hollow Pabrik besi hollow Toko besi wf Toko besi unp undangan pernikahan batik Pabrik Bondek Cor Pabrik Wiremesh Besi baja Pabrik plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton interworld steel is Distributor pipa besi Distributor pipa besi Toko wiremesh Toko besi siku undangan pernikahan murah Pabrik Atap Spandek Sni Distributor Besi Siku Baja

Domi Jon on Saturday, March 30, 2019 5:30 AM
It is interesting to read your blog post and I am going to share it with my friends. Herbew Fentos

Jason Bravo on Wednesday, April 03, 2019 3:38 AM
I am glad to read about your blog where you have described outstanding information.

Hip Surgery Park Forest on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:38 AM
This site is excellent and so is how the subject matter was explained. I also like some of the comments too. Waiting for the next post.

adom on Monday, July 08, 2019 6:54 AM

Janet R. Edwards on Monday, September 02, 2019 2:22 AM
You should have the ability to create new ideas that enhance your business. Building a stable company is not that difficult but what needs the most of your skills is to sustain that success of your business To Know More.

piknu on Tuesday, September 03, 2019 3:09 AM
Your blog is really cool and great its really informative and good. your blog is awesome and great.thanks for sharing the nice and cool blog.
Reply to comment

https://www.docracy.com/userprofile/show?userId=0_1hcw_pyzi on Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:34 AM
There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don’t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

DentalSave on Monday, October 14, 2019 9:46 AM
We all know about dental insurance. In dental insurance, there is limitation and after certain consumption, one cannot get the facility. Unlike dental insurance, there is no limits on use with DentalSave. One can get discount as much as he/she wants. So dental discount plans CO can be great opportunity to solve dental problem at affordable cost.